Friday, August 17, 2012

Zach's Birthday and the 2 girls who stole my heart.

So I promised pictures of Zachary's birthday and though I know that most of you may not care about it, it is my blog so I will post them. :)
First a little history: When Zachary was almost 2 years old his mother (Karen) was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, and they said she only had months to live. At the time my sister was helping with the children (there were 5). Then a few months later I started to help taking care of them.When Zachary was 4 Karen died. About 1 1/2 to 2 years after Karen went home to be with her Lord, Darren her husband married Melissa. Melissa was a widow with 3 children. So began there lives together. So maybe you know now why Zachary is SO dear to me and that is why on his 9th Birthday I just HAD to throw him a small family party while he parents were out of town.
So here it is: Zachary's 9th Birthday. :) 
 For his birthday Zach asked me to make a couple of things. For breakfast my ninety-minute-cinnamon-rolls, and for dessert we made chocolate and peanut butter pie. Rachel was a GREAT helper in making the cinnamon rolls, the pie crust, and the chocolate part of the pie. And Zach helped with the peanut butter part.
My 2 helpers. :D

I am sorry to say that I forgot to take pictures of the cinnamon rolls. 
BUT I did get pictures of the pies. 
The pies.

Zach's birthday decor. 

Opening his gift from me, and also one from Annie.

His gifts from me (the pie and the striped bag) and the card that I made him.

And that is all for Zachary's birthday.

Now to the girls who stole my heart.

 Are they not the CUTEST?!!! They stole my heart and took it to Southeast Asia with them. I can't WAIT to see you girls!!!!

Till later....

2 comments:

  1. Aww!! Looks like a great time!! :D Thanks for sharing and can I have the recipie for the chocolate peanut butter pie :)What a great piture of the girls!! Can't wait to meet them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure I can get it to you. :) Though it is a little complicated. :)

    ReplyDelete