Friday, August 24, 2012

A Peanut Butter Fudge Pie Recipe

A couple of different people asked me for this recipe so I thought I would post it on my blog so that anyone that would like could make it. :)  I hope that you all enjoy it!!!!

Peanut Butter Fudge Pie!!!





You can skip making the crust and just use 2 pie crusts (preferably 8 inch deep dish)


Pie Crust:
Makes two pastries
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shortening
5 to 6 tablespoons cold water
1. In a medium bowl with fork, lightly stir together flower and salt.
2. With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissor fashion, cut in shorting until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3.  Sprinkle in cold water, a tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with a fork after each addition until pastry just holds together.
4. A With hands, shape pastry into a ball. (If it is a hot day, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate 30 minutes.)
5. For a 2 pie crusts, divide pastry into 2 pieces, and then gently shape each piece into a ball.
6. On lightly floured surface with lightly floured stockinette-covered rolling pin, roll into a 1/8 -inch-thick circle, 2 inches larger all around than pie plate.
7. Roll half of circle onto rolling pin; transfer pastry to pie plate and unroll, easing into bottom and side of plate.
I usually skip the rolling part and just press it into the pie plate. :)

Fudge Pie Filling:
¼ cup cocoa
¼ cup flour


1 cup sugar
 2 whole eggs 
 1 t. vanilla
1 stick butter
Combine cocoa & flour, add sugar. Add remaining ingredients and pour into 2 unbaked shells. (It will only fill the shell about half way, remember you are going to add Peanut butter filling on top.) Bake at 300F for 25 to 45 minutes or till it is dry and cracked on top and is not longer "jiggly". ( Sorry :( I can't remember how long I cooked it. Though I know that it was longer then 25 minutes.)
While pie is cooling make the:
Peanut Butter Pie Filling:
4 T. peanut butter
1 ½ cup milk
4 T. flour
¾ cup sugar
Pinch of salt
3 eggs –yokes separated
1 t. vanilla extract
1/3 stick butter
Melt Peanut butter and milk over low heat. Add 3 egg yokes. Mix flour, salt, and sugar together and add to peanut butter mixture and cook until thickened. Add vanilla and butter. Put  half on top of the each fudge pie. You could top with meringue or whipped topping but it might taste disgusting, :D The best thing to do is leave it plan and ENJOY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this!! I look forward to baking it! :D

    ReplyDelete