| A random picture from my camera of a barn near my home. Don't you love spring in the country? This was taken when on a rambling stroll with friends. :D |
Why? Why was I placed here in this world, this is often a thought that goes through my head as I live my "ordinary" life. The only good answer I have come up with so far is not one that is easy to face, at least not for some people. I am here to serve the Lord with all that I am, to the very best of my ability. I'm not here to make money, to party, or find pleasure for my self in any way. But at the same time I must remember... The Lord finds pleasure in what makes His children happy as long as they are not sinning. So... What is the point of my life, how can I best serve the Lord? I think the answer for right now is through serving my family. Wow! I'm in trouble... I am terrible at that. I like to serve when I want to, but it is not something I do without even thinking. It is not natural, it is for me VERY hard work. Why is it so hard? Because I am a sinner and even though I am saved through God's Son's great sacrifice on the cross, I still have the ability to do wrong things, to make mistakes and even, at times, turn away from my Christian walk with the Lord. But even though I might turn away for a time, I am still one of God's children, and no matter what I do I can NEVER not be one. It is for me a GREAT comfort to know this. I am ALWAYS a child of God for He said that "NO MAN" can take me out of God's hand and that would include me, John 10:29. There is NOTHING I can do now that I have made the choice to follow Christ that would take me out of God;' family. I was not selected or chosen by some random chance or design, But I have decided that I will be one of God's children and am trusting in the mercy of His Son to save me. So, because I am one of God's children, I must remember why I am here in this world. I am here to do my VERY best to serve Christ in all I say and do.
Well, that concludes my Sunday ramble. :) And it was indeed that, a ramble into my Sunday thoughts. :)
May you all have a blessed week,
'till later...
No comments:
Post a Comment