Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A normal workday?????? Pictures in this post!!!!




So Sunday night I went to bed thinking tomorrow will be a “normal” work day….
THEN I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with the runs and pain in my stomach.  Despite that I went to work and over the day started feeling better. Papa came around 10 to trade me the car for the van so he and Mama could go get some stuff for the Williamsons new house. At about 5:30 I got a call saying that Papa had wrecked the van and Mama was being taken to the hospital with chest pain. About 15 min later, I got another call saying that the van was totaled. At about 9:00 Papa texted and said that he was bringing Mama home; she has a fractured rib, some scratches, and bruises.  Papa has whiplash and a seat-belt burn on his neck. Praise the Lord that is was not worse. 

So you may ask “How did it happen?” Well as far as I can tell the story goes like this….
He swerved trying to not hit a dog in the road. His tire went over the edge of the road and blew up which caused him to lose control and hit a tree. Oh and he killed the dog in the process of all this happening. 

Here is a picture of the van as it looked before they towed it. 


Well there you have it... It was DEFINITELY NOT a "normal" work day. 
'till later....

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about the wreck, Lidia! I am so glad, though, that your parents weren't hurt worse!!

    I will be praying for their quick recovery and that you start feeling better soon, too!

    ReplyDelete